What is Indigo Gabbro?
Indigo Gabbro, also known as Mystic Merlinite, is a type of igneous rock that is typically black or dark blue in color. It is formed when molten lava cools and solidifies.
Its vibrant flashes of indigo-blue color is caused by the presence of copper in the stone. Set against a mystical dark background, these flashes create an amazing and unique beauty that only nature could create.
It is a beautiful stone that is found in only a few places around the world, primarily Madagascar.
It is a stone of higher intuition and awakening. Join us as we explore this magical stone together!
Indigo Gabbro Meaning
The name Indigo Gabbro is derived from the indigo-colored mineral inclusions that are found in the rock.
It is said to be a powerful stone for psychic development and spiritual growth.
Mystic Merlinite is a name based on the mystical and magical metaphysical properties that are associated with the stone.
Indigo Gabbro Metaphysical Properties
This crystal is believed to be helpful for meditation and reflection as it is thought to aid in accessing higher states of consciousness.
Mystic Merlinite is also said to be a magical stone, awakening you to the spiritual realm and helping you to access an understanding of your spiritual gifts.
However, it also aids you in overcoming these challenges, ultimately helping you to reach a higher level of understanding and spirituality.
Consequently, mystic merlinite is an excellent choice for anyone seeking guidance on their spiritual path.
Indigo Gabbro Benefits
- Great healing crystal for meditation
- Attracts teachers and clear messages into your dreams and meditations
- Indigo Gabbro helps to connect you to the spiritual realm
- Awakens intuitive abilities
- Said to help with past life regression
- Heals the darkness within, allowing you to act with a higher purpose
- Realize that your desires ≠ needs
- The universe will provide you with experiences, people, and lessons that you need
- Helps with focus and overcoming distractions
Elemental, Chakra, and Zodiac Signs
- Indigo Gabbro is primarily a stone of the Third Eye Chakra with strong its metaphysical properties of intuition.
- Secondarily, it is also a stone of the root chakra.
- Indigo Gabbro is aligned with the zodiac sign of Sagittarius.
- Mystic Merlinite is associated with all elements, but primarily with the elements of Earth and Fire.
How to Use Indigo Gabbro
- Meditate with Indigo Gabbro to better connect with your past lives and enhance your psychic intuition.
- Using Indigo Gabbro during meditating can also help clear your mind to better understand the messages you’re intuitively receiving at the time. We recommend a raw or tumbled indigo gabbro for meditation.
- Wearing Indigo Gabbro jewelry creates a beautiful but subtle flash of color, but also is the best way to directly connect your energy with the energy of the crystal throughout the day.
- Bring the energy of Mystic Merlinite into your home or living space to be more receptive and open to higher communication.
Gabbro is a coarse-grained, dark-colored igneous rock found deep within the earths crust. It is usually black or dark green to indigo in color.
The cooling rate is much slower at deeper depths, so larger crystals have time to develop. This leads to a very small amount of quartz and coarse-grained crystals.
Gabbro is the most abundant rock deep within the Ocean’s crust, and it is closely related to Basalt. However, Basalt cools quickly and has very fine-grained crystals, making its texture much more smooth.
Indigo Gabbro is used as a gemstone and as an ornamental stone. It can also be cut into cabochons, beads, and other jewelry.
It ranges in hardness from 6 to 6.5 on the Mohs hardness scale.